Welcome to Living Aspirations!
The channel of meaningful conversation. A place to share information that actually matters—not just individually, but ultimately for the purpose of the greater good. Why? Because for one, the world is in desperate need of peace and repair, and second, we’re responsible for our own happiness! So why on earth would we want to waste another second of our precious time?! It all comes down to the choices we make. Of course making choices from a cloudy, polluted and overstuffed mind can very well lead you down a path you most certainly would prefer not to be on (if you knew better), but how would you know the difference when there’s so much going on—life is so busy, so many distractions, so many thoughts!
I see life like mining for diamonds, once you move past all the rubble (nonsense) you refine to a place within yourself of absolute beauty and perfection, where you shine brighter than any diamond, you finally become the star you were born to be.
Let’s stop with the excuses, the drama, limiting belief systems, and get on our way to lighting up our lives…we are bound for successful happiness:)
8 Ingredients to Living YOUR Aspirations:
1. Take inventory of your thoughts and beliefs – Make a list of what you truly value in yourself, in others, and in life. What bad habits or dense beliefs are you carrying and have they been really serving you well? Where are you stuck most? What’s weighing you down? Take a real honest look at yourself, see if your values line up with absolute integrity, and further, is that being reflected in your current life, or the life you aspire to have? Do you even know what you really want from life?! What are your BIG dreams?
2. What are you grateful for? If you were cleaning out your closet/house/storage, what kind of things would you keep and which would you toss? Again, refine what is intrinsically important in your life, perhaps you’ve been neglecting to appreciate something right under your nose, and continuously obsessing over what you don’t have! Embracing the simple things will expand appreciation for greater possibilities. Essentially, we only want to keep things we can work with and grow with—remove the clutter so that you can create room for the new opportunities you want to bring in…but remember YOU are ultimately the one who needs to initiate change, no one can do it for you. Read more..
- One constant human desire is to be seen, felt, heard. We might find ourselves thinking “In a world of billions of people how will I—little ol’me—feel significant, how can I possibly make a difference?” While others were being handed out talents maybe you were in the line of mediocres, not meant …Read More »
- One of my boys has dairy sensitivities, but beyond that we’re just not big dairy drinkers. For one, the milk you buy in stores is highly processed and is stripped of much of its original nutrients, as well as good bacteria, and enzymes which help break down the lactase, which are needed …Read More »
- The Mind: a beautiful servant, a dangerous master.” Osho Do you suffer from never-ending thoughts in your head? Mine rarely shuts up, always imagining new ideas, scary scenarios, goals, things to do “I like this, I don’t like that”…it has a serious case of ADHD! Even after a decade of …Read More »
- You should sit in mediation for twenty minutes every day–unless you’re too busy, then you should sit for an hour.” Old Zen adage Perhaps the most important muscle to flex is the ability to sit with our fear, stress, worry, anxiety…and all of its friends! Instead of running away or …Read More »
- I always have people asking me what is The GROOVE & WHY do I love it…so I’d like to share a little bit about my experience with #theworldGROOVEmovement. 5 years ago it swept into my life like a crazy-ass force, bringing my innate love for dance back into my ‘adult’ …Read More »
- The divine feminine aka Goddess, perhaps you’ve met her or caught a glimpse at some point? Divinity and grace holds her in great honour, protecting her from shadows peaking in the corner, drawn to her like a moth to a flame. But she is untouchable, she glows like the sun, …Read More »
- What is Diatomaceous Earth? Also known as diatomite, D.E., is a talc-clay-like powder from fossilized remains of marine phytoplankton (tiny fresh water organisms called diatoms). Some are fresh water based and others, salt water based. Food-grade D.E. is fresh-water based algae, which is 100% natural and organic, and provides great benefits to …Read More »
- DID YOU KNOW: the benefits of DRY BRUSHING? Reduces the need for body lotion by removing dull layers of skin, improving your overall complexion; soft, smoother & younger looking skin. Stimulates and increases blood circulation and gives your energy levels a boost. Eliminates toxins from the body and strengthens the …Read More »
- Do what you love, love what you do.” ~ Ray Bradbury I’d like to share the following letter I wrote to my children’s former school principal (back in 2013) on our decision to take a break from the public school system, and put them into a private school, based on the Montessori education …Read More »
- Ingredients to Living YOUR Aspirations: 1. Take inventory of your thoughts and beliefs – Make a list of what you truly value in yourself, in others, and in life. What bad habits or dense beliefs are you carrying and have they been really serving you well? Where are you stuck …Read More »