Also known as diatomite, D.E., is a talc-clay-like powder from fossilized remains of marine phytoplankton (tiny fresh water organisms called diatoms). Some are fresh water based and others, salt water based.
Food-grade D.E. is fresh-water based algae, which is 100% natural and organic, and provides great benefits to humans as well as pets. The main element found in D.E. is 85% uncrystallized silica.
What are the benefits?
- Vital to blood vessels, skin, cartilage, bones, and tendons.
- Crucial to liver, lungs, heart, and other important organs and boosts overall immune system.
- Destroys and Kills Intestinal Parasites by compromising their waxy coating which then causes them to dehydrate and die. Also prevents them from coming back (This includes candida).
- It pulls all harsh chemicals and toxins from your body and flushes it out, additio
ally giving your colon a cleanse=healthier colon.
- Also effective against fungal infections of the stomach, such as E.coli.
- Is water soluble, the body absorbs what it needs and flushes out the rest.
How to use it?
Mix 1 tbsp of DE in water followed by 1/2 tsp psyllium powder (an added benefit to brush and sweep out left over toxins in your colon) mix quickly and drink. Make sure you do this half hour before or 2 hours after food, medication and or supplements. Drink plenty of water to prevent constipation.
Safe for our furry friends too. Farmers feed enormous amounts of food-grade D.E. to their animals to cure them of whatever ails them, like worms and other critters.
D.E. can also be used as a non-toxic pesticide, but is only effective on hot dry days, moisture can weaken its effects.
This miracle fossil shell powder is also super cheap, Yay!